Database usage in ChemDraw and ChemOffice
The CambridgeSoft database portfolio can be used as stand-alone databases, but are also integrated in many ways with ChemDraw and other ChemOffice programs. This webinar demonstrates some of the integration features using the following databases:
- The Merck Index: The authoritative reference source with over 10,000 monographs.
We will demonstrate how The Merck Index uses the ChemDraw plugin for chemical searching.
- ChemINDEX: Provides physical property data and online links for over 100,000 chemical compounds.
We will demonstrate non-plugin search and SDF output, then how to use SDF files in ChemDraw/Excel and ChemBioFinder.
- ChemACX: The Available Commercial chemical exchange contains purchase information for over 1.5 million substances and packages.
We will demonstrate how ChemACX as a stand-alone search tool, for similarity and substructure searches, and then as part of Chemical Inventory for material management.
- ChemDraw Database HotLink: ChemDraw shows links to each of the above databases while you're drawing a molecule.
We will demonstrate how to use ChemDraw's Database HotLink for common name lookup; CAS number lookup; interfacing to the National Cancer Institute database; and the ChemSpider interface.
- ChemBio3D PDB lookup: The Brookhaven National Lab provides an online collection of over 61,000 PDBs, called the RCSB Protein Data Bank.
We will demonstrate how to use ChemBio3D for a direct interface by PDB ID, and how to use its European counterpart, EMBL, to download and then open PDB structures in ChemBio3D.
Click here to update your profile.
View Complete Webinar
To view the complete webinar, choose from the available formats below, and simply click on the corresponding link. You must have the appropriate player to play the file. For more info on video players, please click
Choose File Format
View Webinar Segment(s)
To view a webinar segment, choose from the available formats below, and simply click on the corresponding link.
- Searching databases with ChemDraw structures and non-structures
- 16 min
- Output search results to SDfile and import to ChemFinder
- 7 min
- ChemBioFinder HotLink: database survey
- 21 min
- Database Portfolio: existing, new, and future
- 14 min