Customizing ChemDraw Hotkeys
ChemDraw's HotKeys can be customized with both atom shortcuts and bond shortcuts.
ChemDraw Hotkeys provide a means to quickly draw chemical structures. The standard set of Hotkeys can be modified to better fit your preferences and your commonly-used chemical groups.
This video demonstrates using and customizing HotKeys:
- Hover over an atom and type an atom Hotkey (such as "n" for amine)
- Hover over an atom and type an chemical group Hotkey (such as "e" for ethyl)
- Hover over a bond and type a bond Hotkey (such as "h" for hash-bond)
- Observing the default HotKey list in hotkeys.xml
- Cloning an existing bond Hotkey to create a new customized bond Hotkey
- Replacing an existing Hotkey with a customized Hotkey
- Creating your own chemical group for use with Hotkeys
- How to lookup other customizations in your Online Help
- How to implement your customization in your copy of ChemDraw
Click here to update your profile.
VIEW FEATURE CLIP
To view the complete feature clip, choose from the available formats below, and
simply click on the corresponding link. You must have the appropriate player to
play the file. For more info on video players, here. You may
also download the video file, depending on your OS & browser, by right clicking
or alt-clicking and choosing save link as.
Choose File Format