Introduction to The Merck Index: Basic Search and Structure Search
The Merck Index is an electronic version of the premier go-to reference for scientists that provides comprehensive and precise data on compounds of current or historic interest, and unlike other versions of The Merck Index, our product is structure- and substructure-searchable.
This video demonstrates substructure search and basic search in the online edition of The Merck Index.
Scientists need a resource describing chemicals, human and veterinary drugs, natural products and biologicals. The 14th Edition of The Merck Index includes:
- Over 700 new and completely revised monographs
- Thousands of new references, trademarks, uses, and physical properties added to existing monographs
- Expanded focus on " Green Chemistry" and compounds of environmental significance
- Recalculated molecular weights using the 2005 IUPAC Table of Standard Atomic Weights
- Up-to-date U.S. regulatory information on carcinogens and controlled substances
- Extensively revised supplemental tables now including Acronyms, Vaccines, and Physical Constants
to update your profile.
VIEW FEATURE CLIP
To view the complete feature clip, choose from the available formats below, and
simply click on the corresponding link. You must have the appropriate player to
play the file. For more info on video players, here. You may
also download the video file, depending on your OS & browser, by right clicking
or alt-clicking and choosing save link as.
Choose File Format